• DBE Gurney Resources’ (DBE Gurney) wholly-owned subsidiary, DBE Poultry, had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Koperasi Penggiat Seni Sabah (COSENI) to add two restaurants, 19 kiosks and two food trucks in Sabah by 2Q18.
  • This is part of the group’s plan to expand its halal-certified local fried chicken brand, Harumi, across Malaysia. Harumi was launched in October 2016 and has since grown to 200 kiosks and express outlets, three food trucks and three restaurants across Peninsular Malaysia.
  • Under the MoU, DBE Gurney will train the selected members of COSENI to manage and operate the royalty-free Harumi establishments while ensuring that they adhere to Harumi’s operating procedures.
  • For the nine months ended 30 September 2016, DBE Gurney reported a net profit of RM1.2 million as compared to a net loss year-on-year, despite revenue felling 12.3 percent to RM83.9 million.

Significance: DBE Gurney Resources expects Harumi to contribute around 30 percent of its revenue in the current financial year, while the remaining 70 percent with contribution from its existing core business of supplying fresh chicken to KFC Malaysia and QSR Foods.

Get weekly updates from us

Build your wealth. Start now.

Enjoying our content? You might want to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Hand-picked content and wealth-building resources for you.

Editor's Picks