• Felda Global Ventures Holdings (FGV) expects higher revenue in 2017 and 2018 on the back of higher crude palm oil prices as well as the first harvest from its replanting programme.
  • The group’s oil palm replanting programme which was started in 2012 and 2013 involving 15,000 hectare a year, has already started harvesting.
  • Almost 80 percent of FGV’s income comes from plantation, while the remaining 20 percent from downstream activities. As such, the group’s performance would be affected by the commodity prices’ fluctuation and natural disasters such as floods and El Nino.
  • FGV’s operations in Sarawak include two plantations having an area of about 7,000 hectare in Sampadi Lundu and another 12,000 hectare in Miri.

Significance: Of the 7,000 hectare plantation in Sampadi, 4,000 hectare was already planted with oil palm while the remaining 3,000 hectare was in the process of cultivation.

Get weekly updates from us

Build your wealth. Start now.

Enjoying our content? You might want to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Hand-picked content and wealth-building resources for you.

You May Also Like

Editor's Picks