It is an honour for me to be invited as a speaker in InvestFair, the largest investment conference in Singapore, yearly since 2014. In the recent InvestFair 2017, I share my views of opportunities for every audience in the current bullish stock market, provided one knows how to align the strategies based on own unique personalities.
The best way to learn investment is through direct Q&A from the audience. I have compiled some of the questions asked in the recent two talks in InvestFair 2017. Let’s learn together:
Q: Are we in a bull market for stocks?
A: Yes, technically it is still a bull market for stocks. However, due to the high optimism of global stock markets, the upside opportunity is mainly for traders, not for investors.
For traders, one could follow momentum trading, riding the bullish stocks with uptrend but when the market signal is reversed, one has to exit firmly as a trader as well, not ending up as a long-term investor.
For investors, the opportunity is in future because there is usually a global financial crisis behind each bullish market.
However, this golden opportunity of buying truly low requires preparation from now, knowing how to form a strong stock portfolio, the timing of entry and able to take actions with personalized strategies, for example, either Buy Low Sell High for capital gains or Buy & Hold for passive incomes.
Actions taking is crucial to convert knowledge into a fortune, not limited to just Buy or Sell stocks. For those who have stocks, actions include how to do spring cleaning. For those without any stock, actions include preparation of future capital and also the formation of a dream investment team of 10 players for giant stocks.
Q: What are the sectors worth consideration for stocks?
A: When we invest in stocks, besides the individual business (Level 1), we need to consider the sector/industry (Level 2), countries (Level 3) and global economy (Level 4).
It is important to know the mega trends of the market, it is hard for individual stocks to go against the higher level forces. At Level 2, it is important for an investor to support rising sectors, not to pursue sunset industries, even the stock prices could be much cheaper.
These are the sectors with upside potentials in the longer term: healthcare, property & construction, REITs, banking & finance, Telco, etc. However, an investor also has to align with higher level trends, especially to take note of possible global financial crisis (Level 4) or country recession (Level 3).
Q: How to position for local Telco stocks?
A: Telco is a defensive sector, traditionally Telco stocks are for dividend investing. The number 4 player, TPG, has affected the share prices of M1 and Starhub, down by over 50% because of the concern of smaller market shares and earning in Singapore.
Singtel is relatively more stable because the revenue is from regional Telco, not just limited to local Telco as Starhub and M1. Similar to REITs and business trust, an investor who is interested in Telco stocks for dividend investing, the ideal time to enter these defensive sectors are during the global financial crisis to maximize the dividend yield while the businesses are relatively stable.
Current local Telco stocks are more suitable for crisis investing for capital gains. However, the short to mid-term trends of local Telco stock prices are still bearish, falling knives are still sharp, may not be suitable for those with weak control of emotions as it may end up buy low and get lower.
The key to stock trading and investing is to match our goals with our personalities, there are at least 10 different strategies to choose.
The safest time to buy a stock is when everyone is afraid the sky will fall while the business is still operating normally with consistent performance. This could be a rare opportunity to buy during a crisis; we should learn how to take this advantage to truly buy low sell high.
When Optimism Strategies are combined with Fundamental Analysis (value investing & growth investing), Technical Analysis (support / resistance / trends), and Personal Analysis (mind control of greed and fear), it is very powerful as one can take the right action (Buy, Hold, Sell, Wait or Short) at the right time aligning with his own personality.
The unique Optimism Strategy developed by Dr Tee provides a special advantage to know which investment (stock, forex, property, commodity, bond, etc.) to buy safely, when to buy, when to sell, including the option of long term holding. So far over 20,000 attendees have benefited from Dr Tee high-quality free courses to the public. Take action now to invest in your financial knowledge, starting your journey towards financial freedom.
Learn 10 Strategies of Stock Trading & Value Investing (股市投资策略)
1) Master Buy Low Sell High for all investment markets (stock, property, commodity, forex, bond) (买低卖高：股票、房地产、商品、外汇、债券)
2) Profit in bearish and bullish markets, understanding the true impact of US Interest Rate Hike, Bullish Global Economy, Oil & Gas Crisis (环球经济)
3) Long-term investing strategies to outperform portfolio return of Temasek, Li Ka-Shing, Warren Buffett, major stock indices/ETF and other funds (长期投资策略)
4) High-probability Shorting techniques for short term traders to profit from falling stock market while others are losing money or doing nothing (短期卖空技巧)
5) Generate consistent Passive Income with REITS and real property with knowhow of high dividend stock and property market cycles (房地产信托股的被动收入)
6) Methods of Spring Cleaning for own stock portfolio to eliminate junk stocks without any hope (股票大扫除)
7) Time for Global Financial Crisis to buy blue chip stocks on sale (危机也是良机)
8) What to buy (stock screening), When to buy/sell (buy low sell how), How much to buy/sell (risk management): (股票三部曲：买何股？何时买卖？买卖多少？)
9) Fundamental Analysis (FA) + Technical Analysis (TA) + Personal Analysis (PA), integrated with unique Optimism Strategy by Dr Tee (乐观指数：三法一体)
10) Global Stock Market Outlook: emerging opportunities with high potential in Singapore, US, China & Hong Kong stock markets (环球股票市场展望： 新美中港，股票良机)
3 BONUSES for Dr Tee Workshop Attendees:
(Please click “JOIN” with link above and wait for Admin approval of membership)
- Market Outlook (stocks, properties, bonds, forex, commodities, macroeconomy, etc)
- Optimism/ Fundamental / Technical / Personal Analyses
（乐观指数 / 基本分析 / 技术分析 / 个人分析）
- Investment risks & opportunities （投资风险及机遇）
- Dr Tee graduates events and activities updates （Dr Tee学员活动最新消息）
Bonus #2 for Readers: Dr Tee Investment eBooks x 2
Fresh from Oven: Download the latest 2 eBooks by Dr Tee on “Global Stock Market Outlook“, covering comprehensive investment topics: Stock, Property, Commodity, Forex, Bond and Political Economy & “Dream Team Portfolio” with Top 10 global stocks for capital gains and passive incomes. Past readers have benefited, learning Simple and Powerful strategies which deliver incredible results in stocks. Learn to position for each market crisis and opportunity with Optimism Strategies.
Click here to join future Dr Tee (Ein55) investment courses: www.ein55.com