There are a total of 40 REITs in Singapore, a popular investment option for retirement through passive income. By law, 90% of disposable income from REITs must be redistributed back to shareholders through dividends. However, not all the REITs are profitable, an investor could lose money if choosing the wrong one, eg. pursuing the highest yield REIT. REIT is an integrated investment between the stock market and property market, knowledge of both markets are required to be successful.
In general, a good REIT should have strong fundamentals and DPU (Distribution per Unit) should grow over the time. At the same time, we could also profit from good REITs through capital appreciation of share price and net asset value of properties. A good REIT investor not only knows how to choose the REIT but also masters the investment clock to buy/sell/hold the REIT. Let’s learn together with the case study below on CapitaLand Mall Trust.
Capitalmall Trust (SGX: C38U) is one of the Top-10 REITs in Singapore, based on Optimism Strategy with consideration of FA (Fundamental Analysis), TA (Technical Analysis) and PA (Personal Analysis). The DPU, dividends and operating cash flow are increasing over the years, the current dividend yield is about 5%. At the same time, an investor could have profited 3 times in capital gains of the share price ($0.75 to $2.25) from IPO till now (see chart below).
Ein55 Optimism of Capitamall Trust is 35% now, implying the upside is more than downside for its share price in long term perspective. When Optimism is below 25% for Capitamall Trust (Level 1), Singapore REITs Index (Level 2), Straits Times Index (Level 3) and MSCI World Index (Level 4), it will be an ideal time to become REITs investor. The dividend yield could be significantly increased if an investor could wait patiently for this REIT giant to fall down in share price during the next regional or global financial crisis. After buying low, when the REITs have recovered again, an investor will have an option to sell high to take profit for capital gains or hold long term for passive income.
We should learn to find the top 10 REITs in Singapore with excellent business for our investment portfolio, buying at a discounted price at low optimism, ahead of other potential big buyers who are also looking for these valuable assets. Certain REITs stocks could be in crisis when the interest rates are higher and the property cooling measures last for another few more years. Therefore, we should only consider giant REITs stocks with strong fundamentals, not just any stock with a price discount, buy low and sell high or hold patiently for both capital appreciation and passive income.
The safest time to buy a stock is when everyone is afraid the sky will fall while the business is still operating normally with consistent performance. This could be a rare opportunity to buy during a crisis; we should learn how to take this advantage to truly buy low sell high.
When Optimism Strategies are combined with Fundamental Analysis (value investing & growth investing), Technical Analysis (support / resistance / trends), and Personal Analysis (mind control of greed and fear), it is very powerful as one can take the right action (Buy, Hold, Sell, Wait or Short) at the right time aligning with his own personality.
The unique Optimism Strategy developed by Dr Tee provides a special advantage to know which investment (stock, forex, property, commodity, bond, etc.) to buy safely, when to buy, when to sell, including the option of long term holding. So far over 20,000 attendees have benefited from Dr Tee high-quality free courses to the public. Take action now to invest in your financial knowledge, starting your journey towards financial freedom.
Learn 10 Strategies of Stock Trading & Value Investing (股市投资策略)
1) Master Buy Low Sell High for all investment markets (stock, property, commodity, forex, bond) (买低卖高：股票、房地产、商品、外汇、债券)
2) Profit in bearish and bullish markets, understanding the true impact of US Interest Rate Hike, Bullish Global Economy, Oil & Gas Crisis (环球经济)
3) Long-term investing strategies to outperform portfolio return of Temasek, Li Ka-Shing, Warren Buffett, major stock indices/ETF and other funds (长期投资策略)
4) High-probability Shorting techniques for short term traders to profit from falling stock market while others are losing money or doing nothing (短期卖空技巧)
5) Generate consistent Passive Income with REITS and real property with knowhow of high dividend stock and property market cycles (房地产信托股的被动收入)
6) Methods of Spring Cleaning for own stock portfolio to eliminate junk stocks without any hope (股票大扫除)
7) Time for Global Financial Crisis to buy blue chip stocks on sale (危机也是良机)
8) What to buy (stock screening), When to buy/sell (buy low sell how), How much to buy/sell (risk management): (股票三部曲：买何股？何时买卖？买卖多少？)
9) Fundamental Analysis (FA) + Technical Analysis (TA) + Personal Analysis (PA), integrated with unique Optimism Strategy by Dr Tee (乐观指数：三法一体)
10) Global Stock Market Outlook: emerging opportunities with high potential in Singapore, US, China & Hong Kong stock markets (环球股票市场展望： 新美中港，股票良机)
3 BONUSES for Dr Tee Workshop Attendees:
(Please click “JOIN” with link above and wait for Admin approval of membership)
- Market Outlook (stocks, properties, bonds, forex, commodities, macroeconomy, etc)
- Optimism/ Fundamental / Technical / Personal Analyses
（乐观指数 / 基本分析 / 技术分析 / 个人分析）
- Investment risks & opportunities （投资风险及机遇）
- Dr Tee graduates events and activities updates （Dr Tee学员活动最新消息）
Bonus #2 for Readers: Dr Tee Investment eBooks x 2
Fresh from Oven: Download the latest 2 eBooks by Dr Tee on “Global Stock Market Outlook“, covering comprehensive investment topics: Stock, Property, Commodity, Forex, Bond and Political Economy & “Dream Team Portfolio” with Top 10 global stocks for capital gains and passive incomes. Past readers have benefited, learning Simple and Powerful strategies which deliver incredible results in stocks. Learn to position for each market crisis and opportunity with Optimism Strategies.
Click here to join future Dr Tee (Ein55) investment courses: www.ein55.com